It will be a busy summer in Three Rivers in terms of various infrastructure projects around the city.
The projects include:
- reconstruction of South Andrews Street – work that began this week
- additional ‘white topping’ on Fourth Street
- reconstruction of Spring Street from West Michigan Avenue to Millard Street
- sanitary sewer replacement from Wood Street at Eighth Avenue to John Glenn Court
- sidewalk construction
- micro-surfacing of several miles of streets.
Merritt Brown, special projects director with the Three Rivers Department of Public Services (DPS), reviewed the projects during an interview with Bruce Snook of the River Country Journal. Their conversation also included a look ahead to work on a portion of South Constantine Street next spring, the role played by ‘stimulus money’ from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), and the importance of the city’s ‘dedicated millage’ for streets and sidewalks.
To hear the interview, click on the following link: Merritt Brown Interview (21:08 – 19.3 MB)