The proposed increase in the number of members on the board of the St. Joseph County Road Commission – from three to five – will be the subject of a public hearing during the St. Joseph County Board of Commissioners meeting on Tuesday (March 1st).
County commissioners scheduled the hearing during their January 18th meeting after reaching consensus during a January 11th work session to consider the issue further.
The agenda for Tuesday’s meeting also includes the following items of business:
- Circuit Court’s Annual Report
- County Clerk’s Annual Report
- Future Equalization Process Presentation
- Office of Highway Safety Grant
- Request to Fill Vacant part-time Deputy Treasurer Position
- Confirm Purchase of Plair Property.
The meeting will get underway at 5 p.m. in the Commission Room of the Historic Courthouse in Centreville.