The Carnegie Center for the Arts in Three Rivers has announced the opening of summer artist exhibitions on Sunday (June 10) with an artists’ reception from 2 to 4 p.m. to which the public is invited.
- “Then and Now”, curated by Maryellen Hains, a retrospective of over 20 Kalamazoo area artists’ works from the 1960’s to the present, comparing early and current work of each artist.
- “Contemporary Wood”, also curated by Haines, is a showing of fine art by several Southwest Michigan artists who specialize in wood.
- The Southwest Michigan Watercolor Society will have on display recent watercolor paintings, including pieces by Dean Clark, winner of this year’s Ward H. and Cora E. Nay Director’s Purchase Prize at the Kalamazoo Institute of Arts West Michigan Area Show. Three Rivers Artists Guild member Christine Hartzell will also have pieces in this show.
- “Teague/Platske: Four Generations in the Arts“, Susan Teague’s exhibit documenting the skilled artistic talents of her gifted family.
- A show of quilts by Elaine Seaman, a retrospective of her quilt pieces.
Meyer Ventures and All About Travel are sponsoring the opening reception.
The shows close on August 4th.
Source: News release from Three Rivers Artists Guild