The Three Rivers Community Schools Board of Education has authorized the administration to move forward with exploring the consolidation of business offices in St. Joseph County.
The action came Monday evening (June 11) in response to a request from Superintendent Roger Rathburn for direction on whether or not to pursue the consolidation.
In other business, the board:
- approved a Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA) Membership Resolution for 2012-2013
- adopted – with recommended changes – elementary school, middle school, high school and adult education handbooks for the coming school year; an athletic drug policy is to be reviewed by the district’s attorney and be discussed at a future meeting
- appointed Beth Miller as the district representative for the St. Joseph County Special Education Parent Advisory Committee from September 2012 through August 2014
- approved the employment of TWO new elementary principals – Jennifer Graber at Norton Elementary School and Sheryl Thorbjornsen at Park Elementary School
- approved the list of June 8, 2012 Barrows Adult Education graduates for the official record
- and agreed to add exploration of the possibilities of moving the Young 5’s program to Barrows in the future to the ‘Action Agenda’.