A Floatable-Boatable Raft Race is the lead-off event for the 2012 Burr Oak Heritage Festival, a summer celebration set to begin on Friday (July 27) and continue into Sunday.
The raft race will be staged on the river behind the Burr Oak Community Schools with building activity at 4 p.m. and the race at 5 p.m. Bring your own material or use materials provided. Cash prizes will be awarded. All who participate will receive a prize.
Other events on the Friday calendar include:
- 4 p.m. – Port-a-Pit Chicken Dinners
- 5 p.m. – Senior High 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament
- 5-6:30 p.m. – Spaghetti Dinner
- 6-8 p.m. – Wasepi Blue Grass Concert in the Railroad Park – Back by popular demand and setting the stage for the “Citizen of the Year Award” presentation sponsored by the Burr Oak Grange and Chamber of Commerce
- 8-9 p.m. – Vintage Base Ball Game between the Sturgis Biscuits and the Burr Oak Bandits at Boyer Field. Concession stand will be open.
- 9 p.m. – Pizza and Beverage Tent at Mamma Mia’s Pizza – Music and dancing.
There’s a full day of activities planned on Saturday, including a parade at 11 a.m. and fireworks at dusk (approximately 10 p.m.).
Sunday – the final day of the celebration – includes a pancake breakfast at the Burr Oak United Methodist Church from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m., a Community Church Service in the Church Park at 10:30 a.m., and a Hog Roast catered by St. John’s Lutheran Church, beginning at 12 noon. Tableware and drinks will be provided and there will be music featuring “The Helmsmen Quartet.”
To view the full schedule for the festival, click on the following link: Burr Oak Heritage Festival.