Winter is here and the Three Rivers Downtown Development Authority (DDA) is celebrating the season by hosting the 2013 Snowman Making Contest!
The event is slated for Saturday, January 26th from noon to 2 p.m. in Scidmore Park and Three Rivers will be competing against the communities of Saline, St. Clair, Zeeland and Douglas who will be building snowmen on the same day. At the end of the day, numbers for quantity will be compared and a winner will be determined on Monday, January 28th.
To make your team, fill out an application and return to the Three Rivers DDA, 57 N. Main Street, Three Rivers, MI 49093. Applications are due January 19th.
Participants are asked to arrive no later than 11:30 a.m. on the day of the event to check in and receive instructions.
Coffee, hot cocoa, and baked goods will be available for purchase, courtesy of Relay for Life. There will also be a designated sledding and children’s area.
Here are the official rules for the contest:
- You will have two hours to build as many snowmen as possible.
- Snowmen must be 4-6 feet in height.
- No more than five team members can be working at one time.
- You may recruit replacements for your team and rotate out as needed.
- No more than 50 people can be working on the entire project at a time.
- No mechanical equipment may be used to create the snowmen.
- Buckets are allowed and will be provided for each team.
Snowmen may be decorated after the contest is completed.
To download a brochure that includes an application for the contest, click on the following link: Snowman Making Contest.
For more information, call (269) 278-8193.