- Saturday, July 13 – Muskegon State Park (Muskegon County); 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Sunday, July 14 – Grand Mere State Park (Berrien County), 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Saturday, July 20 – Fort Custer Recreation Area (Kalamazoo County), 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Sunday, July 21 – Yankee Springs Recreation Area (Barry County), 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Saturday, July 27 – Warren Woods State Park (Berrien County), 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Sunday, July 28 – Muskegon State Park (Muskegon County), 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Volunteers should wear appropriate clothing for outdoor work, including long pants and sturdy closed-toe shoes, and bring gloves and drinking water. All volunteers are asked to register in advance. Please contact Heidi Frei at 269-685-6851, ext. 147 or firstname.lastname@example.org for registration or questions about the Volunteer Steward workdays.
The Volunteer Steward program is part of the Parks and Recreation Division, Stewardship Unit’s mission to “preserve, protect and restore the natural and cultural resources present within Michigan state parks for this and future generations.” For information about the activities at each workday, to find directions or park information, and to check the Volunteer Steward calendar of events, visit the DNR website at www.michigan.gov/dnrvolunteers and link to the “Calendar of Volunteer Stewardship Workdays.”
The Michigan Department of Natural Resources is committed to the conservation, protection, management, use and enjoyment of the state’s natural and cultural resources for current and future generations. For more information, go to www.michigan.gov/dnr.